Visa Update

Or lack thereof.
Many have asked or may be wondering how this pandemic is effecting Wilgen's visa process. Well, completely. I am trying to be as open and honest throughout this process, because the deeper I get into it, the more I realize how foreign of a concept it is to so many. I've been listening to a podcast and even read a book written by someone who has gone through the K1 visa process, and was encouraged to share our story, so that's what I want to do!
We are currently on month eight, yes you read that right, 8 of this process. ( Wilgen and I have been long distance for the last 3 and a half).
We began filling out paperwork September 1. Typically the process takes 9 months- more or less, start to finish. Typically. But, life right now isn't typical. I have tried my very best to remain positive yet realistic throughout this whole process, where there have been so many ups and downs. February 14 our petition was approved, which was a HUGE step. Our case was then sent to the National Visa Center in New Hampshire, where it was assigned a new case number and sent to Honduras. We are currently awaiting the "final steps" which are a medical exam, and the most important part, the interview for Wilgen at the US Embassy in Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
However, the US Embassy in Honduras has been closed since March 16. All routine visa services have been suspended since this date, which as you can imagine, creates a problem and makes our process that much longer.... Unfortunately, there is still no date as to when visa services will resume. Please pray with us that this will happen soon.
The borders of Honduras have also been closed since March 16. No travel by air, land, or sea. The island of Roatan, where Wilgen is currently has been on a strict quarantine including curfew from 6pm-6am each day. They are allowed to leave the house one day a week according to their id number. There are 627 confirmed cases in Honduras, with 59 of those being deaths (https://hn.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/). Thankfully, there are still no COVID 19 cases in the bay islands, and none in Guinope, the village where Wilgen's family lives.
With the craziness of this pandemic, we unfortunately have no idea as to when anything will move forward with our case. What needs to happen is: 1, the US Embassy in Tegucigalpa reopens. 2: The borders of Honduras reopen. 3: Wilgen gets assigned an interview date (ASAP :) 4: I go to Honduras and return WITH Wilgen to the USA!!! 5: We get married!!! (That makes it sound so simple, although it most definitely is not :) I have been dreaming quite literally of this day for many months. If I'm honest, I'm growing extremely weary of waiting. I am doing my very best to cling to Christ and his promises in His Word. I know this is all in His hands, so I am doing everything I can to prepare myself to be the best person, friend, and future wife I can be.
a picture of simpler, happy times. oh , how I await the day we are reunited- how sweet that will be <3 
I'm so thankful for a strong support system of friends, family, pastors, and my man to keep me focused on my walk with Christ and what He is trying to teach me during this! p.s when I prayed for patience- this is not what I envisioned- who's with me?!?!

Thanks for following our journey, and please pray with us!
xoxo Rach




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not a Fan

The Very Next Thing

9 Weeks